Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat, 2007!

This poor unsuspecting chef is about to fall into the clutches of...uh...of...now, what was I again? Since most of the effort and planning went into the kids' costumes, Shane and I came up with ours in about five minutes. I just slapped on some scary make-up and a hood, but I'm not really sure "what" I was!


Spiderman battles ornery Pirate Girl to save the Egyptian Queen and her treasures.


Spidey shows off some of his awesome web-throwing technique. He's so dexterous he's even able to web-shoot while protecting his candy bucket from harm!




Egyptian Queen demonstrates how to "Walk Like An Egyptian" to observers. Not only is it an appropriate cultural response to 80's girl band music--esp. the Bangles, but also to Steve Martin's "King Tut." (Oh yes, I really had the "45" for that song!)




More rad moves from Spidey--the "crouch and shoot" position.



Pirate Girl peruses the landscape in search of her ship. Be that her pirate buddies a'sailin' on the horizon, Matey?
Egyptian Queen demonstrates the side-to-side head move, another popular Egyptian dance.



Hammin' it up while waiting on the rest of the posse. Pirate Girl's parrot scouts the ground for snacks. "RAWW RAWW, Polly want a pumpkin seed."



The whole sordid bunch. Even Penny-Poo cooperated for this shot. She was dressed as a furry chocolate bar. :-)



Attitude. Nuf said.


Enjoying the fruits of Trick-or-Treating. Much bargaining, wheeling and dealing, and bartering took place. Ultimately, Spidey saw good conquer evil, Pirate Girl was content with her evening's plunder, and Egyptian Queen was delighted with her new treasure.



The rest of the pictures are from carving pumpkins on Sunday. WE LOVE HALLOWEEN!





5 comments:

JenniferLayne said...

How fun!! I love that the whole family dresses up!! :) I was cracking up at the picture of them bartering and trading candy. I had forgotten that I used to do that with my best friend, Jill, every year. That brought back fun memories!!

To answer your question, I made Isaac's costume--a little bit of sewing and a lot of black duct tape--and I bought Ezra's costume.

Happy Halloween!! :)Jen

Melissa Milbourn said...

Very cool pics!!!

Gretchen said...

I am so impressed that you are in any pictures! Thanks for sharing. You all are too cute.

God's girl said...

They are so cute. Great pics. Glad you all had fun!
Much love,
Angela

Brooke said...

How cute!! I love Skylar's hair!!! They are all so cute!! He reminds me of Noah. In fact, Noah had the same suit this year. (and 2 years ago) Noah's hair is just the same. Really loved seeing your pictures.