Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Sweet Blessing

Sorry I've been off the blog for awhile. The last several weeks of the semester were busier than ever, and last week I was actually employed by both ISU and the state. I'm learning the ropes of my new job slowly and so far I really like it.

Since "Mom's working five days a week now" we're trying to get the kids to take on more responsibility at home. After dinner last night, Shane asked the kids to go ahead and load the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen. They not only did a great job, but I was pleasantly surprised that someone had simultaneously packed my lunch for me today! In a little tupperware container was some leftover duck (Shane's dad is a duck hunter and we reap the benefits), some sweet potato chunks, and a salad housed in a separate container so it wouldn't get yucky! I was so impressed! And best of all, on the top was a little note that said, "To Mommy, Love Maisie." I don't think I've ever had a lunch so special. :-)

3 comments:

Melissa Milbourn said...

Ahhh...how awesome is that?!

JenniferLayne said...

That is soooo precious. :)Jen

Gretchen said...

What a blessing. :)